Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Tween Tuesday Review: Flunked

* First in a new series *
Gilly steals to make things easier for her siblings. Five brothers and sisters often don't have enough to eat. The shoe making business has taken a hit.

When Gilly's caught, for the third time, she's forced to enroll in Fairy Tale Reform School.

The school believes that with a little training, everyone can change. But Gilly doesn't want to change. She only wants to escape the school as quickly as possible. Then she notices something strange is going on - can she help figure it out?
My Thoughts: I Loved this book and can't wait for more in this series.

 I really love Gilly. She's smart, she has a big heart, and she doesn't take grief from anyone. My heart broke for Gilly and her siblings and I hope she finds a way to make life better for everyone. I want to learn more about the shoes that her father makes. I love that she was able to make friends, especially with Jax.

A few favorite moments:
I loved it when Gilly flew on Pegasus. 
I loved reading the Happily Ever After Scrolls
I loved figuring out the identity of the villains.  
I quite enjoyed Miri.
 I loved the gargoyles coming to life (even if they're not nice). 
I liked the prediction from Madame Cleo and watching it come true. 
I love that Gilly made her choice and stuck with it after learning the truth. It shows her courage and her sense of doing what's right. 

Cover Thoughts:
Source: Purchased
Fun Fact: I FINALLY got to meet Jen Calonita after loving her books for years.

Final Thoughts: A superb start to a new series that's entertaining, fun, and smart. I can't wait to find out what happens next. If you like fairy tales, be sure to snatch this one up.

No comments: