Thursday, July 2, 2015

Series Love: Princess Diaries

Welcome to a new blog meme here at YA Book Nerd. I realized that I read SO many series books that I should talk about them as a whole. Not to say that every series I'm going to talk about I've finished - but my thoughts my help you pick up and start a new series.

Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot


Everyone knows I love these books. Before I read Royal Wedding, I did something out of character for me. I re-read the entire series. I enjoyed it as much as I did the first time around - it was funny, charming, smart, refreshing, honest, and it tugged at my heart strings. 

Here are the things that stood out for me:

Pop culture references: Star Wars and more
Nerd behavior
Being smart and weird is great
 love for romance books
Diverse cast of characters 
Realistic friendships: fights between friends, how they know you better than anyone, and how they challenge you to become a better person
Michael
book references (Ransom My Heart)
written has journals: mix of notes, homework, and Mia's innermost thoughts
Her parents
Grandmere's schemes
Fun lists in the book (sometimes by Mia and Lilly, sometimes just Mia)
Mia's big heart

1 comment:

Lea (YA Book Queen) said...

Love this series! Especially the friendships - I liked how Cabot showed the ups and downs, and the changes that can happen as you get older. Most books don't get the chance to show all those changes.

Glad you enjoyed rereading these books, I really need to do it sometime. Nice post!