Thursday, January 2, 2014

Mini Review: Mad About the Boy

I'm a huge Bridget Jones fan. When the news broke about Mark Darcy's death, I thought about it and realized that it's the only thing that could have happened. While I loved Mark (who didn't), what sort of story could be told. They already had their ending (twice). I couldn't imagine the story line that involved him. Bridget is now 50ish and a single mother with two children who barely has her own act together.
My Thoughts: I wanted to love this book, but I didn't. While I enjoyed it, it didn't live up to the first one. I didn't really laugh while reading this, but I did like the similarities. I liked watching Bridget learn how to use Twitter. I liked the diary entries and the stats at the top of the each one. I liked seeing the gang again and reading what happened in their lives. A likeable read, but not my favorite of the trilogy.

Cover Thoughts: Fine.
Source: My Library
I got to meet Helen Fielding as BEA last year, which was fun.

No comments: