Sunday, January 19, 2014

Adult Review: Seaview Inn

Hannah's going back to one place she dreads - home. She wants to help her grandmother sell the family inn and move into an assisted living facility. Her grandmother has no intention of moving or of giving up the inn. Since her mother died, it's too much work for one person to run the inn.

Hannah takes two weeks off from work, but when she gets down there everything changes. Her daughter arrives - taking a break from college. An old crush and war veteran shows up ready to help make the inn presentable.

Being back on the island, Hannah's forced to move at a slower pace. She also has time to take a hard look at her life and see what's missing. Could the very place she ran from be the place she's meant to stay?
My Thoughts: I'm a huge fan of Sherryl Woods and saw a new book coming out Home to Seaview Key. I realized it was the second book in a series, so I tracked down the first one. I love how the generations of the Matthews family come together. I love their stubbornness, their quick wit, and their big hearts. I really liked Luke. I felt horrible for him and what he went through with his family, but I admired him for putting it back together. A feel good novel, perfect for escaping the cold weather of winter. I wish I was there on the beach and staying at the inn. So looking forward to reading more about this town. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute - wish I was there now
Source: My Library

No comments: