Friday, August 5, 2011

Quick Reviews from Otis Library Teens

It's A Mall World After All by Janette Rallison
8 Stars
This book is a comedy and romance combines. It has a lot of twists and turns, so you won't know how it ends.
~ Rena, age 15

Hadassah by Tommy Tenney
10 Stars
A biblical book that tells the story of a peasent girl Hadassah who becomes Esther, Queen of the mighty empire of Persia. A story filled with adventure and suspense as well as love and gold. It gives the age old bible story of Esther a new life.
~ Liliana, age 13

8th Grade Bites by Heather Brewer
10 Stars
It's a perfect book with vampires!
~ Adrien, age 12

Gimme a Call by Sarah Mlynowski
9 Stars
It's unusual and unique and highlights the theme of the book.
~ Rena, age 15

Girl Named Disaster by Nancy Farmer
7 stars
The book's storyline is pretty interesting. However, about halfway through, it grew flat. Still since I liked the beginning, I continued to read and was very much pleased by the ending.
~ Liliana, age 13

The City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
10 Stars
This book was very interesting and very thrilling. I couldn't put the book down!
~ Rena age 15

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
8 Stars
The book grabbed me right from the start and then I read nonstop until I finished the book.
~ Cameron age 14

My Life Undecided by Jessica Brody
8 Stars
I never read a book with this kind of concept and the book was not too predictable.
~ Rena age 15







No comments: