Friday, February 4, 2011

Ten Things: Adult Romances

I read chick-lit books and some romances, but I have to admit that one author turned me onto romances (again) and I couldn't believe I stopped reading them for a while. I think romance gets a bad name from the rest of the reading world. I know that I read romances from my own home and generally not in public. I sometimes cringe when it's a sexy cover and wonder what the library circulation staff might say. But then I shrug, because I really do want to read these books and I know that others do too.

This is the book that got me started on Regency Romances - It's by far my favorite romance genre. I picked up this book after I read Sarah MacLean's YA novel The Season and wanted more from her.

I love this series for the romance, the spies, the danger, and the time shifts between modern day and Regency England / France
Meg Cabot's a favorite, but I absolutely LOVED the idea of writing a Romance novel. And it was an adorable novel.

I read 10 Things I Love About You before I knew it was a series and then I went back to read the rest. Loved them! In the first of the series, I loved how the little girl fell in love with a handsome young man and how it all turned out.
I LOVE Debbie Macomber. I'm working my way through her novels. I LOVE this one and the Blossom Street novels the best.
Sherryl Woods is quickly becoming a favorite. I LOVE these two series. I also just purchased the two Rose Cottage books.

I loved this book - and again didn't realize it was part of a series. I have book three at home, waiting to be read. I loved the 'improper" behavior and how Theresa, a spinster, makes a list of all the things she still wants to do in life. And then does them!

I read this one right before Christmas and loved it for the sweet tale of a man who gains a daughter when his sister dies. He meets his match in a toy store. It's just a wonderful read and the cutest holiday romance.
This was the first book I've read of Susan Elizabeth Philips and I adored it! I loved the matching making scheme. And the few I've read by her, I've loved.

I loved this book. I loved how it started with Tarot cards and her life went on from there. Very fun.

I have a several in my goodreads To-Read list - but what are some that I can't miss?

2 comments:

Jill Buck said...

I love Debbie Macomber too! I don't think I've read any of the others you mentioned. I have a few on my shelf but for some reason often pass them over for other reads. Maybe I'll have to give them another look.

Tena said...

Have you read the Bridgerton Series by Julia Quinn???? To die for