Friday, October 30, 2009

Witch and Wizard

Imagine a night where you go to sleep and everything's normal but you when you wake up, your world is completely changed and life as you knew it is gone. Whit and his sister Wisty wake up to discover police surrounding and entering their house to take the two of them away. Whit and Wisty are dangerous teens - who need to be stopped immediately according to the new government The New Order. The New Order now rules everything and has commanded dangerous criminals such as Wisty and Whit be taken into custody. Wisty and Whit discover that they're more than ordinary people in fact, Wisty is a witch and Whit is a wizard. Their powers are growing, especially when they're angry. Now they're stuck inside a cell awaiting their imminent death.Can they figure out what changed and how/if they're going to get out of this mess?

A fun start to a new series that comes out December 14th. It's a fun read, split into chapters between Wisty and Whit's perspectives. Lots of action, lots of questions to be answered, magic, friendship, betrayal, and tons of danger make this read fast, fun, and addictive. Patterson and Charbonnet are off to a great start.

Just discovered that Gabrielle Charbonnet writes under a pen name....in two AMAZING witch series. Any guesses? Ok I'll tell you. Cate Tiernan. (Sweep series and the Balefire series both excellent)
I LOVE HER!
Here's a little something from her website: "Currently I’m working on another Cate Tiernan project, a trilogy for Little, Brown called Immortal Beloved. I’m not sure when it will come out, since I haven’t even written the first book yet."

She's also collaborated with Patterson before on Sundays at Tiffany's

Above is the cover on my ACR (sent by the publisher) is the one above. However, the covers below are also floating around. Not sure if any of these are the final cover art. I can't say I'm in love with any of them, but I think I the bottom on the most. I'm not sure why, but it intrigues me. I also like the fireball shooting out of the hand. Which one catches your eye?


2 comments:

Miriam said...

The one that would really thrill me would be the one that says GABRIELLE CHARBONNET with James Patterson, because I'll bet anything that she did the lion's share of the writing. James Patterson's ego couldn't fit in the Taj Mahal. And no, I don't care that it's his name that will sell the books. But as far as your actual question is concerned, I agree with your picks, with the bottom one also my preference. I don't care for the middle one at all, and the one on your ARC is great for color and striking the eye, but I think I'd like it more if the two faces were looking at each other.

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

The one on your ARC looks like the guy is doing a Robert Pattison/Edward look alike pose. But it might make girls pick it up! I like the third cover the best.