Friday, October 2, 2009

Spotted: Tera Lynn Childs talking about Banned Books


Check out her posts for the week on the 10 most challenged Classic books, recent books banned, how you can help stop the banning of books, and the right to read.

Here's her post a piece of her post at Books, Boys, and Buzz:

"My mom, a fairly politically vocal person and one with extremely strong beliefs, always says:
I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
I think that sums up the essence of Banned Books Week pretty well. It's not about what the books say or why they say them or who the authors are, it's about the right to say and write and read whatever we want. It's about the choice."

How awesome is that? I LOVE that quote. And it sums up the essence perfectly.

No comments: