Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday: Assigned Reading

 This week's topic is assigned reading - from school. School was a long time ago. But let's dig in.


I took an AP English class in high school. It was horrible. I hated everything we read. And didn't understand most of it.

I'm not sure if this was the exact book. But I think so.

Didn't understand anything about this book.

Earlier in High School:
I loved this one.

I know everyone loves this book. But it was a meh for me.

I thought this one was important.

I know there were others - I also think the Merchant of Venice.
I've never liked Shakespeare - although I love several modern adaptations of his works:
10 Things I Hate About You
She's the Man
Lion King

Not sure if this was college or high school:
I liked it - a bit sad, but good.


A bunch of college reads:
Loved it! Visited Edith Wharton's home some years back. She was fascinating. 


I took a Jane Austen course in college - while studying in Bath. We read all six novels. I had read them before but still enjoyed them. My favorites are: Pride and Prejudice, Persuasion, and Emma. Although I really do like Sense and Sensibility. 

I loved this one - such great imagery. I hated Mr. Rochester though. Still do

Have you read any of these? Agree? Disagree?

No comments: