Monday, October 21, 2024

Middle Grade Review: The Truth about Triangles

 



Luca loves his family's pizza restaurant. He loves creating pizzas; he just wishes that his mother would try them and allow them to be added to menu. The business is struggling financially, and he knows he can save it. 

His family is out of sorts. His parents are fighting all the time. His twin siblings are fighting all the time. Luca is the glue that holds everyone together. 

But he's having a hard time juggling it all.

His favorite reality show, about pizza places, announces this is their last season. They invite restaurants to enter. Luca rushes to fill out an application; this could be the answer to all his problems.
My Thoughts: I really loved this book. Obviously, I craved pizza while eating it. I wanted to wrap Luca up in a giant hug. He was going through so much drama: family, friendship, romance, and job drama. His parents are separating. Luca has to babysit the twins often.  A new boy moved to town. He and Luca are hanging out, but he's lying to his best friend about it. All this drama is making his stomach hurt.

Luca has such a big heart, and he was always trying to make everyone else happy. I loved the moments where people tried to make him happy. I loved that he got to meet his hero. I loved the moments between him and Will.  A really wonderful story that I didn't want to put down. 

Cover Thoughts: Adorable
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: A must have book for your middle grade school and public library collection 

No comments: