Monday, June 3, 2024

Middle Grade Review: Falling Hard

 


* Book 3 in the Saddlehill Academy series *

Abby and her teammates are finding their way back to being a team after the drama from the last book! They're not in the clear with their instructor yet, but they are making progress. They do have to apologize to everyone.

Once that's finished, they can go back to focusing on the upcoming shows, especially one at Canterwood Crest! Since it's near Halloween, there will be a spooky element. 

Even better, they learn about a clinic being run by the Sasha Silver. It's very competitive, but Abby dreams of winning a spot. 

Abby's struggling with all the pressure from riding, creating the perfect video for the clinic, and fixing things with her friends. They seem to be getting along just fine without her and excluding her from their hangouts. It gives her a pit in her stomach and makes her doubt everything - even the feelings she has for Mila. 

Will Abby find her balance again?

My Thoughts: Once I finally got my hands on this book, I tore through it! I loved every second of it. I loved the friendship drama and how everything turned out. I loved going back to Canterwood Crest. Even more, I loved catching up with old favorite characters from that series. There's a lot of drama in this series that keeps me turning the pages quickly. I love the friendships and the descriptions of everything. I really really want to attend Saddlehill Academy. I loved the Halloween and fall portions of this story - especially the costumes. It seems like so much fun! Also, I loved how Jessica Burkhart writes about representation and how it matters! 

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: Purchased
Library Recommendation: A must have series for your school and public libraries!



1 comment:

Natalie Aguirre said...

I'm glad you enjoyed book 3 of this series so much. You don't see that many middle grade contemporaries that are series. This sounds like a good one.