Thursday, May 2, 2024

CLA: 2024

 Earlier this week, the annual Connecticut Librarian Conference took place. 

The keynote was none other than Librarian Superstar Mychal.
He is amazing. 

The first question he answered was: What’s your library story?
He also spoke about the seeing the whole community come together, how everyone needs the library, and that the library is the place where everyone belongs. 

He spoke about Library Joy and it got me thinking about my own stories. 
I'll start sharing them next week. 


It was nice to see so many familiar faces and getting to chat with other librarians. I don't get an opportunity to see friends that often. 

I spoke twice and both times with other librarians. 

First for a program at the library I work at: 


Second on a panel with two other Young Adult Librarian about book-talking and reader's advisory.

The sign outside the room


We created some book suggestions. You can see them here

No comments: