Monday, January 25, 2021

Review: Love and Olives

 


Liv's world changed forever when her father left their family when she was eight. Liv never understood how he could leave without looking back. Years later, she's spent her time trying to fit in. She doesn't want anyone to leave her again.

Out of the blue, her father invites her to Greece during the summer. Her mother forces her to go. Her father's making a documentary for his search for the lost city of Atlantis. Liv remember all the times they talked about finding the city together.

Now they possibility is before them. But Liv isn't ready to go backwards in time. Can she and her father heal the past in order to move forward together?
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book. After reading this book, I really want to travel to Greece. I loved reading about the island and the people on it. I felt terrible for Liv and her struggles trying to figure out her relationship with her father. I admired the way it all came together in the end - especially the mention of mental health. I loved the mention of Atlantis and trying to find the lost city. I found that fascinating. I loved the bookstore with it's hidden nooks and crannies. I wasn't sure about Theo at first, but he grew on me, I really did enjoy his conversations with Liv. They talked about the deep stuff.  

Cover Thoughts: Amazing
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: A great summer romance that tackles family drama and mental health problems - highly recommended.

1 comment:

Jen @ Star-Crossed Book Blog said...

So I had no clue that this book dealt with Greece! I guess I always looked at the cover and never the synopsis *smacks forehead*. My father is first generation here, from his mom's side, from Greece and we still have so much family overseas, I need to add this one to my tbr!
Jen @ Star-Crossed Book Blog