Saturday, July 11, 2020

Series Review: Baby-Sitters' Club


As I read several of these books in fifth grade, I was super excited to learn about this series. I couldn't wait to watch it - and I wasn't disappointed.

Spoiler: it was PERFECT


It was a modern day adaptation, but it kept the phone line. Obviously you have to have the phone line for the meetings.

I loved seeing the character stories I remember from the books - even if they were very different (the camp stories). But I love the updates.

Things I Loved:
ALL the Inclusivity
Friendships
Family
Mistakes
Protest
Babysitting Moments
Boys
The sister moment(s)
Talking about the internment camps
Mimi
Watson
The Parent Trap Dance
Karen's Creepiness 
That Clueless Reference!

The casting was Really Well Done.

I honestly wouldn't change a thing about this series. It captured the heart of the book series.

When does Season 2 come out?

Fun Fact: Author and Editor David Levithan worked as a book consultant for the show.

No comments: