Monday, July 6, 2020

Review: Wildfire

Wildfire
Sam's summer camp is evacuating as a precaution against a wildfire that's spreading across Maine. When he realizes that he left his phone in his bunker, he quickly retrieves it. But in doing so, the fire creeps up between him and the bus. There's no way to make it.

Now he's forced to navigate the forest and run from the wildfire. He remembers a few survival tips from his recently deceased father, which help him stumble through the forest.

He meets a girl from another camp, also lost. The two of them join forces and attempt to survive as the fire rages on all around them.
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this action packed book. I couldn't put it down because I wanted to see (if) and how Sam escaped the forest. I enjoyed all the twists and turns. I was happy that Sam made a friend, it would have been terrible going through that all by yourself. Plus the banter between the two of them was refreshing. I liked learning the survival tips and learning about the environment. This would make an interesting book discussion book as lots of topics are brought up: grief, death, drug addiction, helping the environment, stealing, and friendship.

Cover Thoughts: Love it
Source: My library
Library Recommendation: A great middle grade action thriller for your school and public libraries.

If You Like Pin:

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I haven't heard of this book before, it sounds good! :)