Thursday, September 5, 2019

Upcoming Review: Paris Project


The Paris Project

Cleveland hates her hometown, but she has a plan to leave. She can't wait. She's going to gain cultures and then move to Paris. The first step - take ballet lessons. Her sister pays for lessons, but on the first day, Cleveland gets kicked out of the school.

It totally wasn't her fault. But without ballet, will her own plan fall apart? How will her life get better if she's forced to stay in Florida with small minded people? 
My Thoughts: I was excited to read this book because of the Paris aspect, but there's so much more going on in this book. I really liked it. I loved the relationship between the sisters. I liked reading about Cleveland's incarcerated father - because I haven't read many middle grade books with a parent in jail. My heart broke for her as she struggled with her relationship with him - trust issues, sadness at his being behind bars, missing him, and anger. I loved her obsession with Paris. I liked her friendship with Declan, especially the foodie parts. There's so much going on here that I just wanted to wrap Cleveland up in a hug and tell her it will be okay.

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: BEA signed ARC
Release Date: October 8, 2019
Library Recommendation: Grab this one for your school and public libraries.

1 comment:

Wild About Words said...

Thank you so much for this lovely review of The Paris Project.