Friday, September 20, 2019

Review: Mr Lemoncello's All-Star Breakout Game

Mr. Lemoncello's All-Star Breakout Game (Mr. Lemoncello's Library, #4)
* Book 4 in the Mr. Lemoncello's Library series *

Mr. Lemoncello has a new game and he's showcasing it live on television. Of course Kyle and his friends want to be a part of it. Kyle and Charles have been fighting  - again. Kyle almost loses his chance to participate, but at the last moment he's awarded a spot to compete.

The new game will take place in an immersive world where each team must unlock the clues from five rooms, each room featuring a different book genre. The clues will allow them to open the lock to win the game.

Kyle and his friends will be competing again Charles and his teammates as well as a secret guest star team.
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book - I loved the library and the new game. I enjoy Mr. Lemoncello's love for books and how he wants the world to read for fun. I enjoyed the showdown moment between Kyle and Charles. I enjoyed how the game brought everyone out of their comfort zone. I love the book mentions and the bookish jokes. Of course, I'd love to visit this fictional library. 

One thing I don't understand is why Charles is still allowed to compete in the games. After his previous behavior, it seems like he would be banned...

Cover Thoughts: Fun
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Grab this fun series for your school and public libraries. The readers will eat them up.

1 comment:

Danielle H. said...

I just got the first 3 books in August and look forward to the fun.