Friday, March 8, 2019

Review: Secret in the Stone


Secret in the Stone (The Unicorn Quest, #2)

* Book 2  in the Unicorn Quest series *

Claire and Sophie are desperately trying to save Arden by awakening the unicorns. Only a true heir of Arden can awaken the magical creatures. Claire's the only one with magic flowing through her veins. It's up to her.

The sisters travel to Stonehaven where Claire hopes to train in magic. She struggles through classes by day and tries everything imaginable in the evenings to wake the unicorns. But nothing works.

Meanwhile Sophie's convinced there are some at Stonehaven who wish for a war between the guilds.

Will they be too late in unlocking the magic of the unicorns?
My Thoughts: I really liked this sequel. I felt bad for the sisters - Claire all the emotional strain and Sophie for feeling like an outsider. I didn't like how they fought but I love how they make each other better and stronger. I admire Claire for pushing past her timidity and standing strong. Lots of plot twists here that I never saw coming. After that cliffhanger, I'm eager to see what happens next. 

Cover Thoughts:
Source: BEA ARC 2018
Library Recommendation: This series is a great addition to public and school libraries shelves

No comments: