Monday, September 16, 2013

Review: Unbreak My Heart

Clem thought her summer would be boring. She was wrong.

She thought she would miss her life - most of all her friends. She was wrong.

She's happy to be getting away from everything - all the drama, all the judgement, and all the accusations.

She's not getting away from the sadness or the heartbreak because her best friend and her broke up. Clem's been trying to write to Amanda to share her side of the story, but she can't find the right words.

She spends her days hanging with her family, moping, reading, and trying to forget.

Clem meets people along the same boating route. There's one boy her age and they've started hanging out. She wants to tell him the truth, but she's terrified what he will think of her.  But as the summer progresses and the more time they spend together, she begins to find a glimpse of her old self. Does she owe him the truth?
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book. I liked the timeline - flashing between the previous school year and the summer. I liked waiting to uncover the horrors of the year. I really liked Clem's sister  Olive. She was so observant and wise beyond her years. I liked how she tried to break Clem out of her shell. I liked the talk of music, Clementine's friends, and that she read so many books. I loved the main issue with the year before and what Clem's heartache was really about. I really liked the ending. A fantastic summer book!

Cover Thoughts: Love it!
Source: My Library

No comments: