Pollyanna is the first-born daughter of a noble man, but she's the least loved. Her father sends her off to become a soldier. The family hopes that she dies, but instead she uses their betrayal to fuel her revenge. She works heard, gets stronger, and fights fierce. In a male world, there's a lot of me who don't believe in her. But she has a serious set of skillsHer country has been at war for a long time, but she hears rumblings about another country coming attacking them both. Her superiors dismiss her ideas and berate her for wasting their time. But she's proven to be right when the army walks into an ambush. She leads her team into the woods, but it's clear they're not going to survive. She gives herself up hoping that he men will escape.She's almost killed, but the new King sees something in her. He offers her a knighthood instead and plans to conquer the continent. Sir Pollyanna agrees.
My Thoughts: This is the first volume of the series. Sadly, I don't know when the next book will be available, but I'm already looking forward to it. I want more of the story - more of Sir Pollyanna's strategic plans. I'm also curious is she visits her family again - they are truly awful to her. I want to see what happens when she comes head-to-head with her old army. This was a great introduction to the story and it left me wanting more.
Cover Thoughts: Solid
Source: My library
Library Recommendation: A great graphic novel for your public library.
Hand this to readers: Who like Game of Thrones.


No comments:
Post a Comment