Friday, April 5, 2024

Romance Review: When in Rome

 



Rae Rose, the Princess of Pop, needs a break. She leaves for tour in a couple weeks. Her manager keeps pushing her; she has interviews lined up. But she really just needs a break. She's always been an Audrey Hepburn fan; she pulls up the nearest Rome. 

Rome as in Roman Holiday. When she arrives in the small town, her car dies. She accepts the help from a stranger until her car can be fixed. This small town turns out to be exactly what she needs to clear her mind and to get excited about singing again.

Here, the townspeople treat her like just a normal person. She's able to relax, let go, and take a long took at her life. 

My Thoughts: Noah's grumpy - she's sunshine and it just works. Amelia (Rae) is the biggest pop star on the planet - not unlike Taylor Swift. But she's not in charge of her life. She has people who want everything from her and she desperately needs a break. I love the small town of Rome. All the people in the town are charming. I love Noah and his sisters. I laughed a lot reading this one. I loved how everything turned out. I can't wait to read more about this charming town and the people it. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute but it doesn't make the book.
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: A fantastic romance novel - highly recommended for your romance section. 

No comments: