Friday, March 29, 2024

Review: Yours from the Tower

 


Tirah, Polly, and Sophia finished boarding school and have gone back home. Sophia's lucky that her wealthier Aunt will sponsor her for a season. Sophia's hoping to marry wealthy so that will give her sisters more opportunities. Tirah is stuck being a companion to her cranky grandmother. She hates living in the small town where there is no one else her age to talk with. She longs for adventure but is denied at every turn. Polly lives at home and works in an orphanage. She meets brothers who tug at her heartstrings. 

The three friends write letters back and forth sharing the details of their lives. 

My Thoughts: I loved this book. I loved how the friends wrote to each other and passed the letters between them. There's a lot of romance, family drama, and talk of the future. I do love epistolary novels.  I loved the letters and telegrams. There was talk of balls, learning, qualities in a wife, and if you should marry for money or love. I enjoyed how the girls were not thrilled with their education when it came to thinking about the future. They wanted more classes on how to talk to men.  I had to keep reading to discover how everything was going to end.  

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: A fun friendship story that's perfect for fans of Regency Romance. 




No comments: