Friday, April 12, 2019

Review: Detective's Assistant


The Detective's Assistant

Nell arrives on her aunt's doorstep; her Aunt Kitty is her only living relative. Nell feels lucky to have found her, but t's clear that Aunt Kitty does not feel the same way. Nell's father accidentally killed her husband and she can't see past the deed. No one knows what happened that night, but Aunt Kitty's holding on to her anger.

Aunt Kitty struggles, but she gives Nell a home at the boarding house. Nell's determined to help out any way she can. She doesn't want to live in a home for orphans. She's intrigued when she learns of Aunt Kitty's job - working as a lady detective for Mr. Pinkerton. She can help too - if she doesn't spoil everything first.
My Thoughts: I really loved this book. I'm sad I waited so long to read it, it was misplaced in my house. But it was really good. I loved the detective agency assignments - especially the last one! I loved  the letters between Nell and her best friend - especially the ciphers. I love how the relationship between Nell and Aunt Kitty changed over the course of the novel. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: Book won in a contest
Library Recommendation: A great book for your school and public libraries.

No comments: