Thursday, December 20, 2018

Review: The Great Shelby Holmes and the Coldest Case


The Great Shelby Holmes and the Coldest Case (The Great Shelby Holmes, #3)
* Book 3 in the Shelby Holmes series *
John Watson's blog has outed the duo crime solvers. A reporter waits for them one day after school. After the interview airs, someone comes looking for their help.

John Watson's about to get his wish - going undercover. But undercover work isn't all that it's cracked up to be. He has to pretend he's a figure skater and he can barely balance on skates. John also has to be at the rink at the crack of dawn to uncover a blackmailer.

These early mornings are cutting into his sleeping time, not to mention time for school work and his father's visit. He just hopes they can solve the case in time for the skating competition.
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book - particularly the moments on the ice. I loved learning more about skating and competition. I loved the secret coded language. I adored the references to The Cutting Edge. I loved the moments between John and his father. I really loved how Shelby tried to understand friendship because of her need for candy. I hope there will be plenty more books in this series to come. 

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Perfect for your school and public libraries. 

No comments: