Thursday, December 6, 2018

Holiday Book Review: Christmas Cake Murder


* A Hannah Swensen series *

Christmas Cake Murder (Hannah Swensen #23)

Before Hannah had her bakery, she wasn't sure what to do with her life. After an incident sends her home, she's happy to be back in the small town. When her mother asks for her help - baking all the desserts for the Christmas Ball the town is throwing to honor an elderly woman.

While they're finding clothes to bring Essie in the hospital, they discover a journal of writing. With Essie's blessing, they take it home to read and discover a mystery about a woman fleeing her from past. The story's not finished but Hannah and her family begin to understand a bit more about Essie.
My Thoughts: While said to be the 23rd book in the series, it's actually a prequel. I loved learning about how Hannah opened the Cookie Jar. I liked seeing familiar characters in their younger years. I loved the preparations for the Christmas Ball, it sounds like a fantastic town event. As usual, this book made my mouth water and I wanted to bake cookies while reading this one.  Another fun chapter in this series. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendations: This series is probably an auto-purchase for most public libraries - if not, it should be. 

No comments: