Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Believe the Hype

This week's topic is books that lived up to the buzz around them. I'm keeping it to books I've read this year because otherwise this list could get LONG!


The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen WangHey, Kiddo by Jarrett J. KrosoczkaSpinning by Tillie WaldenP.S. I Miss You by Jen Petro-RoyLittle Leaders by Vashti Harrison
Stay Sweet by Siobhan VivianA Princess in Theory by Alyssa ColeThe Vanderbeekers of 141st Street by Karina Yan GlaserThe Wedding Date by Jasmine GuilloryRefugee by Alan Gratz
Does a book's buzz turn you off a book or make you want to read it more?

5 comments:

Crystal @ Lost in Storyland said...

I haven't read any of these books before, but The Prince and the Dressmaker is on my TBR list!

Aymee said...

I've not read any of these, but I've seen a few of them around today. My TBR is growing as usual!

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

Abby Miller said...

What a great list! I've heard so many good things about The Wedding Date and really want to read it. Thanks for sharing.

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

I loved Refugee. I think it deserves more hype.

Aj @ Read All The Things!

Sally Loomis said...

Great List! I love the combination of old and new, I have one that you should definitely consider picking up, The Selah Branch by Ted Neil. This is a book that entertains, while speaking important truth to social injustices in the past and present. Ted Neil is a phenomenal author and a saint of a human. His bio is worth reading and his work, absolutely worth checking out. I found more here, www.tenebraypress.com