Friday, August 1, 2014

SummerTime Adult Review: Suddenly Last Summer

Books perfect for the beach or to read by the pool

Elise loves her job and her life in Vermont, especially after Jackson saved her. She would do anything for the Snow Crystal resort - but staying away from Sean O'Neil might not be an option.

Sean O'Neil loves being a doctor. He's happy in Boston saving lives, but he's worried about his grandfather. Ever since his father died - the two of them haven't seen eye to eye. He's been avoiding his family and home. When his grandfather's health takes a turn for the worse, Sean finds himself returning home more and more - and it's not all bad.
My Thoughts: I adored the first book in the series, Sleigh Bells in the Snow and waited for this one ever since. I love hearing Elise talk about food and create food - even though it made my stomach growl. I love how she uses food to bring people closer together.  I love the family togetherness of the O'Neils - the banter, the loyalty, the friendship, and the drama. Snow Crystal resort seems liked the perfect place to spend a vacation - in any of the four seasons. As a Vermont girl, it made me long for home and the green mountains or to disappear down a dirt road for a while.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library



No comments: