Monday, July 8, 2013

Review: Someday Someday Maybe

Franny has given herself three years in New York City to prove she can make it as an actress. She has six months left.  At the end of six months, she might move back home and marry her high school sweetheart.

She's going to make the best use of her time left in New York. Franny's acting class has a showcase and she hopes this will land her an agent. When the night comes, she falls on her butt after a robe incident.

But that night changes the course of her life. She has a meeting with two potential agents. Plus she gained the attention of James, a fellow actor. Will her meetings with either agents pan out into something lucrative and fulfill her dream?

My Thoughts: I was super excited about this book because of the author. I'm a HUGE fan of Gilmore Girls and of Lauren Graham. I have a hard time with this book because at times I loved it, but at times I wanted to shake Franny for making bad decisions. Still, I really liked it. I loved the calendar doodles in between chapters and the phone messages at the start of chapters - they really broke up the books and added in humor. I really liked Jane and Dan. I hated James - with a passion. I enjoyed the auditions and Franny people watching.  The book was funny, quirky, and smart; it made me miss Gilmore Girls all over again. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Question: Would this be considered New Adult? I haven't read many, but I think it qualifies....

1 comment:

Lea (YA Book Queen) said...

Love the sound of the doodles and phone messages - I love it when books add in extra little things like that :)

Great review!