Saturday, April 2, 2011

Mysterious Satureday Review: Fruit of all Evil

Becca's best friend Linda's getting married to a military man before he heads off on a mission. Her soon to be mother-in-law shows up at the farmers' market demanding that Linda and Becca come to dinner to celebrate the engagement. Becca and her boyfriend Ian appear at the house, but their host Madeline is nowhere in sight.

The family sits down to dinner. When the family chef discovers Madeline's car in the garage. Everyone starts searching for her, only to discover her dead in her bedroom.

Now the wedding is on hold until the murder can be solved. Linda and Drew might have to wait until he comes back from his mission to marry. Becca's not about to let that happen. She's hoping to help solve the murder before Drew's deployment.

Will her well intentioned questions start to unravel the truth?

My Thoughts: The second book in the farmer's market mystery series is fresh, fun, and unique. I love the Farmer's Market aspect. The setting makes me want to eat fresh fruit and fill the house with wildflowers. I love when a book makes me crave food. It also includes recipes such as Becca's Strawberry Chocolate Preserves which sound delicious. As for the mystery, I didn't even have a suspect in mind when the twists started coming. I'm looking forward to the next in the series.

Cover Thoughts: LOVE the cover

Source: My Library

No comments: