Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sea Glass

Opal's been betrayed and tricked into thinking someone she loves is really him, when in actuality, he's used magic to switch souls. She's on a mission to change their souls, when she's ordered home by the Council. She defies the Council to track them down. Meanwhile, the Council's anxious to see Opal considering her new found power. With her defiance, they're not sure they can trust her or her new powers. When she finally returns to the keep, she's kept under constant surveillance and is ordered back to classes. The magicians she's trusted no longer want to hear her story. Instead, she's left almost alone. Now she's not sure she trusts the Council - as no one believes her and she's forced into virtually no privacy. It's a battle of wills and Opal's realizing she has some power as she's the only glass magician who make the magical glass messengers. Will she use that power to bargain with the Council now that graduation's near?

Sea Glass is the sequel to Storm Glass. Opal's adventures will continue in a third book due out next year (I'm hoping it comes sooner as Storm Glass came out in May and this one just came out, it seems strange to have to wait so longer for the final chapter). Maria Snyder's books always make me want to do nothing but read. It's dangerous to open them if I don't have much time to read. They're THAT addicting. The stories are amazing - the magic, the characters, the romance, and the danger are all fabulously written. Plus the covers are enticing. If you haven't read her works, start with Poison Study.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You make her books sound so great! I'm going to ILL Poison Study, but then I really want to read Storm Glass. I'll let you know what I think once I've read them! :P

Jessica said...

Okay, I finally got to read Poison Study - loved it! I couldn't put it down and I checked out Magic Study and Fire Study today at the library. Great recommendations!