Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Picture Book Review: This is a School




It's almost back to school time in New England. I'm reading this in a Back to School storytime at the library next week and I'm really excited. 

First off, I was excited because it's a Mr. Schu book. If you don't know Mr. Schu, he's used to be a school librarian, then was Scholastic Ambassador for school librarians and book fairs. Now he writes books and travels to visit schools. One day I hope to meet him - he's wicked passionate about books. 


This is a School - is a celebration of everything that makes up a school from the teacher to the students to the library to the cafeteria and everyone who works at the school. I love the messages of community and togetherness. The illustrations are lovely and diverse. 

Library Recommendation: This is a must have book for your collection. 

No comments: