Thursday, May 26, 2022

Review: Forbidden City

 


* Book 3 in the City Spies series *

After their last mission, the team is used to help turn a North Korean nuclear physicist. The man rarely leaves the country, but his son is an excellent chess player involved in a tournament, Luckily Paris is also great at chess. 

The team will use the tournament as a cover to make contact and turn the scientist. Unfortunately, they are not the only team interested in this man's abilities. And the other team isn't as nice - they aren't above kidnapping. 

Can the team complete the mission with all the curve balls thrown at them?
My Thoughts: Another great book in this series. I loved the chess angle and how the tournament split up the team. I liked the socialite angle - and especially her father. I enjoyed the birthday party and Sydney taking a undercover gig as a journalist for the family. I loved how the code needing to be broken was on social media. I loved watching Rio eat his way through the cities of Russia and China. I'm on the fence about Charlotte appearing and I hope that's fleshed out in the next book. Of course I can't wait for the next book to read more from my favorite spy family!

Cover Thoughts: Great
Source: My Library

Library Recommendation: A must have series for your school and public libraries.

No comments: