Friday, November 27, 2020

Review: Inheritance Games


Avery Crumbs has a normal average life - she just wants to leave town and never look back. But in the blink of an eye, everything changes. She's requested to travel to Texas with her guardian and witness a will reading. For a billionaire. Tobias Hawthorne.

Instead of leaving everything to his family, he leaves the bulk of his fortune to Avery. Avery's stunned. His family can't believe it.

In order to inherit the fortune, Avery must stay in the mansion for a year. It's enough to make anyone want to kill her. And someone does.

Three out of his four grandsons think there's more to the story - that there's a hidden puzzle with more details. So they start searching. Because what doesn't kill you will make you stronger...
My Thoughts: I loved this book (just like I knew I would). If you're a long time reader of this blog, than you know I'm a huge fan of Jennifer Lynn Barnes. I loved the plot twists, the banter, the amazing house with all those secret passageways and libraries, the action, the danger, and of course not knowing who to trust. And the book ended on a very interesting note making me need the next book ASAP.

If you liked the movie Knives Out - this book is for you!

Cover Thoughts: Intriguing
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Highly Recommended thriller for your school and public libraries. 

No comments: