Friday, July 28, 2017

Upcoming Review: The Great Shelby Holmes Meets Her Match

 * Book 2 in the Shelby Holmes series * 
It's a new school year and John is a bit nervous. As Shelby and John walk down the hallway, Shelby mentions everyone's summer failures from her observations. When they meet the new teacher, Shelby realizes that he's acting suspicious.

Upon digging deeper, Shelby and John uncover his secret. He's being blackmailed. About Shelby. Shelby can't wait to uncover the truth. The case leads her and John to her old school where one girl takes responsibility.

But that girl is also one step ahead of Shelby and John the entire time. Has Shelby finally met her match or will she and John save the day once again?
My Thoughts: I really liked this book. I loved seeing these characters again. They're super great - smart, nice, and entertaining. I like how they balance each other out. I enjoyed the first day of school an Shelby knowing everything about everyone. I liked how she knew something was off with the new teacher. I enjoyed the case - and the one-upmanship. I felt bad for John's mother and how she was left in the dark. I loved Shelby's attempt at friendship and how she feels it's exhausting. She's right; it can be. Another solid case that leaves me excited for more Shelby Holmes adventures. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: BEA (Signed copy)
Release Date: September 12, 2017
Library Recommendation: Perfect for both middle school and public libraries - highly recommended. 

No comments: