Saturday, December 20, 2014

Mysterious Saturday Review: NYPD Red 2

* Book 2 in the NYPD Red series *
One early morning, Jordan's called to the scene of a merry go round in Central Park. His partner's late and he enlists the help of two undercover cops who found the body to secure the sight.

The dead woman's the 4th victim in a series of brutal murders. Because of her wealth and connections, NYPD Red catching this case. The maybe wants the case wrapped ASAP as the election's close.

Jordan and MacDonald must sort through the previous detectives' note to find a link. Why is something taking the law into their own hands? 

My Thoughts: I loved this book just as much as the first book in the series. It had all the action, drama, plot twists and turns, and personal issues for the two main characters. I like how the past came into play in the present with the murderers: bullies, rape, snap judgement, and power. The back stories made it interesting to see how they evolved. I felt bad for MacDonald dealing with her husband's addiction, but I'm glad that Jordan stepped in. A thoroughly entertaining read that kept me captivated and wanting the next book in the series. 

Cover Thoughts: I like the shadowy figure
Source: My Library

No comments: