Thursday, April 1, 2010

Review: Evernight

Bianca hates her new school and the fact that her parents aren't giving her a choice about attending. She barely fits in with her peers. Although she does meet a hot guy on the first day, he runs hot and cold with her. She can't figure him out. Then she makes a few advances towards him and he finally becomes her boyfriend. That's when things start going wrong.

Lucas is normal and Bianca is a vampire. When she bites him, they both gain super human powers for a little while. The school covers up the incident and Bianca hates lying to her boyfriend about what really happened that night. When Lucas sees her defending her friend from harm, he figures out the truth right before winter break.

When he returns to the school, Bianca is so happy to see him, but surprised. She doesn't know he's been hiding a secret too. Once it comes out, will they still be in love?

My Thoughts: The book starts out creepy and intriguing and then halfway through I discovered that she's a vampire and she's known about it her whole life. I kinda felt that information should have been told upfront. Still the love story moves the book along and the secrets unfold making it almost impossible to put down, very eerie and sinister. As it's the start of a series, the cliff hanger rocks. I can't wait to pick up the next book.

The Cover: Love the font. And it's all a little eerie too.

Source: My Library

1 comment:

Debbie's World of Books said...

I know, the whole vampire revelation came as a shock to me as well. I am enjoying the series though. I need to pick up Hourglass now.