Pages

▼

Thursday, September 24, 2026

Review: The Me I Used to Be

 

The Core Four were best friends in high school. They had it all - until one night a terrible accident tore them apart. Nothing has ever been the same for Audrey, Micah, Jasmine and Beck. They had a hard time putting the past behind them.

Now 25 years later, it's their high school reunion. Audrey sends an email asking the three of them to return home. She needs to share something with them. What she says will change everything - all over again.

But it also might help heal the scars, the guilt, and the pain from all those years ago.
My Thoughts: I knew going into this book that it would be an emotional read. And it was. It made me cry - at the end. So many tears. And I really enjoyed it. There were so many layers to this book, it was like peeling an onion. I loved how the book went back and forth in time, how it had multiple POVs, and how it all came together. Also I love how it was set in a fictional Vermont town. My heart broke for those girls and how one night changed everything - until they came back together again. I'm so glad that they did come back together again and I'm glad they were able to move forward. This was such a powerful reading about friendship, grief, healing, and forgiveness. 

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: Book sent for review
Library Recommendation: A must have book for your fiction collection

Confession: I've never gone to my high school reunion. I've never been brave enough. There are people I would like to catch up with and there are people I never need to see again. Have you ever been to one of yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment