Wren Hayes has been waiting for the moment when she turns 18 to discover what gift the Fates will give her. But the stroke of midnight comes and goes without a gift. What could she have done to anger the fates?Her gift was stolen by a thief. It was a locket. When he opens that locket, he's stunned to find his picture. Damien isn't sure he wants to sell it to person who asked him to steal the gift. He has a half a mind to keep it until he can figure out why his picture is in the necklace.But something far worse happens, Wren asks him to team up with her to uncover the truth about that night. In their investigation, they learn dangerous secrets - secrets that can tear apart their family. How far will they go?
My Thoughts: This is the first book in a duology. I really loved this book. I loved the banter between Wren and Damien. I loved the differences in lives between Wren and Damien - one of privilege and one of poverty. I really loved Damien's friend Ruby. I'm curious to learn more about the Fates. There's a lot of darkness in this book that I hope will answer all the questions in the next book. That ending was impressive. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Cover Thoughts: Stunning. I love the sprayed edges
Source: My library
Library Recommendation: A must have romantasy book for your YA collection.
My favorite line:
.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment