Dolly has been taking care of her family for years. She stepped up when her mom left. She stepped up when her boyfriend decided he didn't want a child. Now she's stepping up when her Dad needs help for the summer. As a teacher, it's easy for her to travel home for the summer.She helps out in the fish shop, since help is unreliable. On a delivery, she meets Stewart Whitfield. He's the wealthy son of the Whitfield family. He's having a bad day. His car has a flat tire and he has no cell service. Plus, his finance was seen on Page 6 with another man. Dolly changes his tire for him and goes on her way.She's unprepared for what happens the next day. Stewart calls to tell her their picture is in the paper. They've been linked together and Stewart's people made it seem like he's the one with the knowledge on how to change a tire. Dolly's amused. Stewart admits that he would like to fake date her for the summer as it's a tough time for him at work. She agrees but only because her dad's house needs a new roof.Their time together begins to make Dolly relax and live a little. Can she learn to lean on someone else?
My Thoughts: I loved this book. I felt badly for Dolly as she had the world on her shoulders. She just kept helping everyone around her and forgetting to take care of herself. I enjoyed her exploring her hometown again after years away. I loved the ending - and all the moments between her and her family members. Gus was charming and sweet. I love how Stewart and Dolly began to relax and get more of the life/work balance. I loved Busy - I wish she would have her own book. A companion novel.
Cover Thoughts: Adorable
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: A must have romance for your public library's collection
No comments:
Post a Comment