Pages

Monday, September 7, 2026

Middle Grade Review: Dare You to Dance

 



Gracie's excited to dance at a fancy ballet school in New York City for the summer. But she's not sure she has what it takes. She decides to start a rivalry with the best dancer in the class - Sariah in hopes that she will push herself. But at what cost?
My Thoughts: I love reading ballet books - and this graphic novel was great. It takes during the entire summer - from class to final showcase. Of course there are mean girls in the class, but there are also friendships formed. Sariah's aunt used dance and that pushes Sariah forward. By the end of the summer, the two girls form a friendship. I loved how they challenged each other. I hope there's another book featuring next summer.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: A fantastic graphic novel for your school or public library collection - perfect for sporty girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment