Ping-Ping's having a hard time. At school, there's a boy bullying her. Her father might get a new job - in Korea. Her little brother Xy is worried about moving. She's 100% American but doesn't feel like it. She doesn't feel Chinese either. Why can't life be easy for once?
My Thoughts: There's a lot of drama in this book - friendship, family, and school. I felt really bad for Ping-Ping and all her troubles - especially the bullying. I wanted to wrap her and Xy in big hugs. But I admired the way they handled themselves.
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Highly recommended for your school and public libraries.
.png)
I'm definitely curious about this story from the title. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteYou've told us just enough to pique my curiosity :)
ReplyDeleteThis cover is so fun! This sounds like an interesting story. I always love a kid that you really want to root for!
ReplyDeleteGreat title. Sounds like an interesting story. Thanks for the quick review.
ReplyDelete